In the online application form, applicants rank the projects according to their preference. Project PIs will weigh in on the student selection for their respective projects.
Undergraduate researchers will be assigned to each project which will be supervised by a graduate student mentor. They will be hired as undergraduate hourly researchers. Summer hours will be scheduled to not interfere with the ROTC midshipmen and cadets’ summer training program.
ALERT program participants will also attend research seminars and professional development workshops, and present their research in local and national symposia/conferences.
The 2021-22 ALERT Program Projects will be extended to Fall 2022. Applications are now closed for participation in spring 2022 to fall 2022.
- Undergraduate researcher stipends
- Research-related travel support
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be undergraduate students enrolled in any of the ROTC units: Navy, Army, or Air Force
- Preferably rising juniors or seniors (students graduating in May 2022 are not eligible to apply)
- Preferably majoring in STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Statement of Interest (Maximum of 800 words)
- Why are you interested in research?
- What are your career/professional goals?
- What are your academic/research interests?
- State any work experience, specific skills, and other relevant information
- Unofficial Transcript
- Resume (PDF file)
Application for Spring 2022 – Fall 2022
Online Application Form