In the online application form, applicants rank the projects according to their preference. Project PIs will weigh in on the student selection for their respective projects.
Undergraduate researchers will be assigned to each project which will be supervised by a graduate student mentor. ALERT program participants are expected to conduct research at least 10 hours per week during the fall 2021 and spring 2022 semesters. Summer hours will be scheduled to not interfere with the ROTC midshipmen and cadets’ summer training program.
ALERT program participants will also attend research seminars and professional development workshops, and present their research in local and national symposia/conferences.
- Undergraduate researcher stipends
- Research-related travel support
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be undergraduate students enrolled in any of the ROTC units: Navy, Army, or Air Force
- Preferably rising juniors or seniors
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Statement of Interest (Maximum of 800 words)
- Why are you interested in research?
- What are your career/professional goals?
- What are your academic/research interests?
- State any work experience, specific skills, and other relevant information
- Unofficial Transcript
- Resume (PDF file)
Application Process (2022-2023)
Application Deadline: April 15, 2022