The IBM-ILLINOIS Center for Cognitive Computing Systems Research (C3SR) is partnering with the ISUR program to launch Undergraduate Research in Artificial Intelligence (URAI). The new initiative, ISUR C3SR-URAI, will provide two-semester research experiences to domestic and international students. C3SR-URAI scholars will be assigned to research projects focusing on fundamental cognitive computing and AI science, applied AI engineering and technologies, and practical AI solutions and systems. They will receive the same benefits as any ISUR scholar, such as $1000 research scholarship for the academic year ($500/semester), participation in research seminar series luncheons, and presentation of research projects in the year-end ISUR Poster Expo. They will conduct cutting-edge AI research at C3SR with guidance and mentorship from distinguished C3SR faculty and experienced graduate researchers, and have the opportunity to publish scientific papers in leading AI international conferences. In addition to enrolling for the required ENG 199 UGR class (Undergraduate Research Seminar), C3SR-URAI scholars are required to register for independent study credits with their C3SR faculty mentor.
For more information about C3SR, please visit their website at www.c3sr.com.
- University of Illinois student majoring in computer science, electrical, computer, or industrial systems engineering
- At least junior standing based on credits (at least 60 credit hours)
- Must have taken CS 225 or equivalent course
- In good academic standing with a University of Illinois GPA of 3.5 or higher
Women, first-generation students, and students from underrepresented minority groups are encouraged to apply.
- Resume (PDF file)
- Statement of Interest (PDF file) describing background skills, and experience that would make you a good fit for the research work in C3SR
- Tentative schedules for fall and spring semesters (Use this Excel spreadsheet: Schedule for Fall and Spring)*
- Completion of Online Application Form
*Note: If you are not sure about your spring schedule, please list the courses you plan to take in the spring
For application inquiries, please contact the ISUR program director, Dr. Natasha Mamaril at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2019
Notifications will be sent via email by April 15, 2019