Undergraduate students, graduate students, postdocs, and faculty members in the Illinois Scholars Undergraduate Research (ISUR) program receive benefits for their participation.
- Learn about the elements of research and develop technical communication skills (verbal and written) in the ENG 199 UGR: Undergraduate Research Seminar
- Attend research seminar series luncheons to connect with the research community and know about various engineering research
- Present research projects in the year-end ISUR Poster Expo that runs concurrently with the campus’ Undergraduate Research Symposium (URS)
- Receive $500 per semester ($1000 per academic year) along with optional course credit (independent study course) for the fall and/or spring terms based on the number of hours spent on research per week
Graduate students or postdoctoral researchers
- Attend research seminar luncheons and mentoring workshops
- Develop supervisory and mentoring skills
- Receive mentor awards of $600 per semester ($1000 per semester for mentoring two or more students) for professional development
*Faculty members directly mentoring undergraduate researchers receive $600 per semester to help defray the cost of the undergraduate student’s research project.